In order for us to operate as an organization and to provide services to our users/members, it is necessary to collect or process information about you. In general terms, this information will fall under one or more of the following forms:
- user/member profile information that you provide via our online registration forms comprising contact information and basic business information;
- information that you provide to us directly such as when you complete an online order form, contact form or sent us a message via our website;
- information that is automatically sent to us by your computer’s internet browser (example ‘IP address’);
- information about how you use our website or our services, such as which pages you visit, how frequently you visit the site, etc.
Who we are
Baby Carrier Industry Alliance
Our website address is: https://babycarrierindustryalliance.org
Mailing address: PO Box 2119, Yadkinville, NC 27055
To contact with privacy questions or concerns: email@example.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you opt in to join the BCIA as a member we collect your username and email address and you can opt to provide your name, business name, country, business type, business website and social media platform links if wanted. We collect this information in order to allow you access to paid membership services, to collect industry information and to communicate with you. Registered members/users are integrated into newsletter communication as a benefit of membership. You always have the option of opting out of of this communication method.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact and order/supply forms allow you to contact BCIA directly from the website. Your email address, message and any other information you provide is communicated to us via email.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Your data can be accessed by BCIA staff on an as-needed and limited basis. Other companies who have access to site information for the purposes of site maintenance includes the Intown Creative Web Pros development/support team, our webhost Pressable and wordpress support. Paid services are connected through PayPal processing. We communicate through email using your contact data via MailChimp.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Active users/member data is maintained as long as you are an active member. Inactive users are deleted after a period of 2 years.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
- Access control: access to personal data is limited in line with our policy detailed in the ‘who we share data with’ section. Access is controlled by individual user accounts where a strong password policy is enforced.
- Dedicated security software: we operate security scanning and access control software on our website. This software is responsible for limiting login attempts, blocking potentially malicious attempts to access data and regularly performing full file system scans and back ups.
- This website is secured with SSL encryption, which means that all traffic to and from our servers is encrypted. This applies to our administrative access to the website as well as that of our service users.
What third parties we receive data from
We receive 3rd party data from Intown Creative Web Pros (web support), Pressable (webhost), Paypal (payment processing).